I am Not a Blogger

I am not a blogger. I'm not, I'm really not.  And, lately, I've realised that I don't want to be a blogger. It took me long enough to figure that out, right?

I am not a blogger: I am a person with a blog, a person who uses a blog, but not a blogger. I want to write posts that I care about, posts that mean something to me. I don't want to create resources for other people, I don't want to be constantly discouraged that my 'What's in my Travel Beauty Bag?' post has more hits than the posts about my actual travels. Actually, I don't want to write 'What's in my Travel Beauty Bag?' posts ever again. I don't want to need to stick to a schedule and pump out a blog post just because it's Monday and Monday is a high-traffic day. And, I'm a little tired of listing things. So I won't.

From this point forward I am going to post what I want, when I want. I don't care if the new posts have 'attractive' titles or on-brand photos. Do I want others to read my posts? Yeah, of course. But, I'm not going to go around recruiting. If you come across my post and like it: great. If not, that's a shame. But at least I will be doing what I want to be doing.

So: here's to a more sporadic, more personal, more interesting blog! I'll see you when I see you.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.